Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Karma Ran Over My Dogma

I set the alarm for a much earlier time than usual last night. I didn't sleep very well in anticipating of my morning "date." I had made the commitment to myself to attend my first yoga class in probably 10+ years and I was excited and nervous.

Like any good journalist, I'm running up against a deadline. I purchased a Groupon many months back for 24 sessions at the Yoga Shelter. They have to be used by July 25. Which means I'm going to be doing an *awful* lot of yoga in the next month. But that's OK, I need the push. We all need a push once in a while.

Today's class literally kicked my butt. The understanding teacher brought me blocks mid-way through to help me achieve the poses easier. I can't remember the last time I had my legs in some of those positions. Near the end of class, one of the poses called for putting your legs all the way over your head while laying on your back. I got my legs up in the air and watched in amazment as the folks around me bent like pretzels. I *used* to be able to do that, darn it. And I will again!

No comments:

Post a Comment